What is implant restoration?
Implant restoration is a way to replace or restore missing teeth or parts of the tooth structure. Despite even the best care, accidents happen, and a tooth can be damaged and subsequently fall out—leaving a gap in your smile.
Dental implants are high-tech in nature, but they provide an exciting alternative to dentures, or even to bridgework, which require neighboring teeth for support.
Dental implants are so natural looking that you will forget you ever lost a tooth!
What dental implants can do for you:
- Improve your oral health.Dental implants don’t require removing other teeth, as a tooth-supported bridge does. Because nearby teeth are not altered to support the implant, more of your own teeth are left intact, improving long-term oral health. Individual implants also allow easier access between teeth, improving oral hygiene.
- Improve your appearance.Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth. And because they naturally fuse with your jawbone, they become permanent and can last as long as a well-cared-for natural tooth.
- Improve your speech.With poor-fitting dentures, teeth sets can slip within the mouth, causing you to mumble or slur your words. Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that dentures might slip. And, in the case of individual missing teeth, dental implants retain the integrity of your airflow through your teeth as you form words.
- Improve your comfort.Because they become part of you, implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures.
- Make it easier to eat.Sliding dentures can make chewing difficult. Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with confidence and without pain.
- Improve your confidence.Dental implants can give you back your smile and help you feel better about yourself.
Are you a candidate for dental implants?
A candidate that lives around Arlington, Texas that qualifies for dental implants must be in good overall health and good oral health. Having healthy gum tissue and enough bone in your jaw to hold and bond to the implant are two other considerations we will determine during an office visit.
Dental implants can be performed on a single tooth. If you are missing one tooth, an implant can replace the tooth and the root.
They can also be performed on several teeth. If you’ve lost multiple teeth, implant supported bridges can replace them and the roots.
Dental implants can also be performed on your whole mouth. If you’ve lost all of your teeth, dental implants can be used in combination with full dentures or a bridge to replace the teeth and the roots.
After your implants
Care for dental implants is fairly simple. We recommend the same dental routine as for your natural teeth: brush with a soft bristle brush twice a day, and floss properly. And don’t forget your twice-yearly dental check-ups!
Dr. Marchbanks goes a step further with his implant patients and does a thorough check-up on your implant with every visit at our dental office in Arlington TX.
Missing teeth? Dental implants can restore your smile to its most beautiful luster. Give Dr. Marchbanks a call today and schedule a consultation!