What is implant restoration?
Implant restoration is a way to replace or restore missing teeth or parts of the tooth structure. Despite even the best care, accidents happen and a tooth can be damaged and subsequently fall out, leaving a gap in your smile.
Dental implants are high-tech in nature, but they provide an excellent alternative to dentures. And even to bridgework, which require neighboring teeth for support.
Dental implants are so natural looking that you will forget you ever lost a tooth!
What dental implants can do for you:
- Improve your oral health. Dental implants don’t require removing other teeth, as a tooth-supported bridge does. Because nearby teeth are not altered to support the implant, more of your own teeth are left intact, improving long-term oral health. Individual implants also allow easier access between teeth, improving oral hygiene.
- Improve your appearance. Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth. And because they are designed to fuse with bone, they become permanent.
- Improve your speech. With poor-fitting dentures, the teeth can slip within the mouth causing you to mumble or slur your words. Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that teeth might slip.
- Improve your comfort. Because they become part of you, implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures.
- Make it easier to eat. Sliding dentures can make chewing difficult. Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with confidence and without pain.
- Improve your confidence. Dental implants can give you back your smile and help you feel better about yourself.
Are you a candidate for dental implants?
A candidate that lives in Arlington Texas that qualifies for dental implants must be in good overall health and good oral health. Healthy gum tissue and enough bone in your jaw to hold the implant are two other considerations we will determine during your office visit.
Dental implants can be performed on a single tooth.
If you are missing one tooth, an implant can replace the tooth and the root.
They can also be performed on several teeth.
If you’ve lost several teeth, implant supported bridges can replace them and the roots.
They can be performed on your whole mouth.
If you’ve lost all of your teeth, dental implants can be used in combination with full dentures or a bridge to replace the teeth and the root.
After your implants
Care for dental implants is fairly simple. We recommend the same dental routine as for your natural teeth. Brush with a soft bristle brush twice a day. Floss properly. And twice yearly dental check-ups.
Dr. Marchbanks also goes a step further with his implant patients and does a thorough check-up on your implant with every visit at the dental office in Arlington TX.