If you have ever had a cavity, then you’ve probably had a filling to repair it. Oftentimes, that filling does not match your tooth color, resulting in very noticeable dental work.
Tooth-colored fillings are the answer to that problem.
Dr. Marchbanks uses tooth colored fillings to repair teeth and ensure that no part of your dental work is recognizable.
What are tooth-colored fillings?
Composites, or tooth-colored fillings, were introduced in the 1960s. Since that time, they have increased in durability, color and appearance. The composites of today are extremely long-lasting and provide a great alternative to the silvery amalgam fillings used in the past.
Getting a tooth-colored filling is a very simple process –
- The decay is removed
- The area is coated with a bonding substance
- Several layers of the tooth colored composite are added
- Once it’s in place, it is chemically cured or hardened for less than a minute
Advantages of tooth-colored fillings
- They mimic the appearance of natural teeth
- They are available in several shades to ensure a perfect match
- They match your natural teeth so well that they’re virtually undetectable
- You can resume your normal daily routine, including eating right away, with tooth-colored fillings
After the filling
Recovery from a tooth-colored filling is minimal. After the medication wears off, you may resume all your normal activities.
Dr. Marchbanks takes his time with every procedure, including the tooth-colored fillings. Although the procedure is quick, the attention he gives you is lasting.